One Stop Insurance is Here to Help with Your Claim
No one likes to have a claim, but if you need to make one, we’ll get you through the process as quickly and painlessly as possible. After an accident, your first step is to protect yourself and your property from further damage. Your next step is to contact your insurance broker. One Stop Insurance will have all the details of your insurance coverage and will record the details of your claim.
Contact our office during our business hours:
Monday to Friday: 8.30 am to 6.00 pm and
Saturday: 9.00 am to 4.00 pm
(403) 314 0258
Contact the Claims Hotline
for immediate and professional service.
You will find phone numbers and web links to the claim centers for many of the companies that we represent below:
At One Stop Insurance Inc. we fully understand the stress and confusion a person may feel after they have experienced a car accident. It is for this reason that it is important to know what immediate steps to take for a swift and smooth outcome. This accident checklist is meant to guide you on how to handle an accident, and it is best to review it and keep a printout in your car.
Please print the Auto Accident Report form for collecting information: Auto Accident Report Form
What to Do Following an Accident:
- Bring your vehicle to a complete stop and try to stay calm.
- Check yourself and passengers for injuries. Your health and safety are more important than any vehicle damage(s).
- If the accident was minor and no one was injured, move your vehicle to the side of the road. Being in the middle of traffic can be dangerous.
- Turn off your engine, but turn on your vehicle’s hazard lights to alert other drivers.
- If the accident was severe, call 9-1-1 immediately.
- Scan the vehicles involved and make note of visible damages. Take photos of the scene including close-ups of damages if a camera is available.
- Call your insurance company to report the accident.
- If you have called the police, do not leave the accident scene until the police have arrived.
Make Note of the Following Information:
- Date of the accident Location of the accident (including street names and direction)
- Name & contact information of all drivers involved and their insurance information
- License plate numbers of all vehicles involved
- Driver’s license number of all drivers involved
- Name & contact information of any witnesses to the accident